The Benefits of Carpooling this School Year
Posted August 22, 2016
Back-to-school season has officially begun in Walled Lake. This time of year, parents have to balance multiple schedules, pick-ups, and drop-offs to make sure everyone in the family gets where they need to be, when they need to be there.
As your family manages school, practices, extracurricular activities, and work schedules, coordinating the driving can quickly become a challenge… This year, try carpooling!
Carpooling has many benefits for your family and your wallet:
- Less stress. Take advantage of similar schedules and share the responsibility of getting everyone in your family where they need to be. With a carpool, you can team up with other parents to share the load and make it easier for everyone.
- Slow wear and tear. The effects of repetitive driving, like commuting to work or dropping kids off at school, add up quickly – faster tire wear, more frequent oil changes… Carpooling slows down these effects by putting fewer miles on your vehicle, saving you money on maintenance and auto repair!
- Reduces congestion. There are many cars on the roads and highways in Walled Lake. Carpooling helps you fill up the seats in your car, freeing up space on the road. The more people who carpool in a community, the less congestion on the roads!
- Building friendships. Spending time with the other parents, coworkers or commuters every day gives you an opportunity to discover friendships you may not have otherwise.
- Save money! If you carpool with even one other person, that reduces the time and miles you’re spending in your vehicle substantially. You’ll have fewer trips to the gas pump and spend less on routine vehicle maintenance over the year. As your carpool grows, so do your savings!
Carpooling is a great way to save stress, time, and money. Join an existing carpool or team up with your neighbors, coworkers, and teammates this year to start a new one.
Make sure your car is ready for the carpool! While carpooling means using your vehicle less and saving on maintenance, a breakdown can cause trouble in your carpool. Don’t risk being the weak link with a full vehicle inspection.
The technicians at Kenny’s Lakes Area Auto Experts will inspect your vehicle so you can catch and fix problems early, before they lead to breakdowns and expensive repairs. We’ll review the results of the car inspection with you so you understand the condition of your vehicle.
Get peace of mind knowing your car, and your carpool, will get you and your family where you need to be in this busy time of year. Request an appointment online or call our auto repair shop at 248-668-1200.
Previous Post « Reduce the Risk of a Flat Tire
Next Post Tech Tips: Wiper Blade Maintenance »