Posted September 23, 2015
Football season is here! One of our favorite pass times in the fall is loading up the car or truck to tailgate before a game. To help you prepare for your next tailgating event, we’ve compiled a checklist of the tailgating essentials:
- Food. And lots of it. Appetizers, main meal, snacks, dessert… don’t forget the condiments!
- Drinks. Make sure you have plenty of water, sports drinks, and beverages to keep you hydrated before the game.
- Chairs. Instead of being stuck inside the car or standing around, make sure your folding chairs are on hand! You may also bring a small table or a tent, for the full effect.
- Eating Utensils. Napkins, plates, cups, forks… don’t forget the garbage bags to clean up after you’re done eating!
- Cooking Supplies. If you’re firing up the portable grill for burgers and hot dogs, make sure you have the tools you need – grilling utensils, foil, matches, propane, etc.
- Emergency kits. Don’t risk being caught unprepared in changing fall weather. Grab your poncho, umbrella, sunscreen, and blankets so you’re ready for anything the Walled Lake weather has to throw at you.
To make sure your vehicle is ready to get you safely to the stadium and back, stop by Kenny’s Lakes Area Auto Experts for a fall safety inspection. Our ASE Certified technicians will make sure your vehicle is ready for the tailgating season so you never miss a game. Drop in anytime, or schedule an appointment online.
We’d love to hear about your tailgating adventures! Stop by our Facebook page to let us know about your tailgating essentials and football season tips.