Car Donation Nomination
Kenny’s Lakes Area Auto Experts (“Lakes Area Auto”) is accepting nominations and applications for families in need of a reliable vehicle. Families (friends or relatives) are asked to share their stories and how the deserving family will use the new vehicle. The winning family will be chosen by the Lakes Area Auto staff. The winning family will be rewarded with a newly refurbished  Toyota Highlander.
Applications should be submitted via the Lakes Area Auto website at www.lakesareaauto.com by no later than July 3, 2015. Each submitted application must be accompanied by the submitter’s name and contact information (including phone number and email address). The winning story will be chosen and winner notified no later than July 12, 2015. Submitters must be at least 18 years old and not be an employee (or relative of an employee) of Lakes Area Auto. All submissions become the property of Lakes Area Auto, may be utilized by Lakes Area Auto without any restrictions regarding their use and with the understanding that there will be no additional financial consideration paid. Please see the Official Contest Rules posted on line at www.lakesareaauto.com.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. contest open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. To be eligible to win, you must be age 18 or older, and your entry must be completed, submitted via the web at www.lakesareaauto.com and received by Lakes Area Auto before the entry period ends. Employees of Lakes Area Auto, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Disclaimer. Lakes Area Auto is not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond Lakes Area Auto’s control; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest.
- Entry Period. The entry period is until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, July 3, 2015. All entries must be received by that time to be eligible to win.
- Odds of Winning; Taxes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries received, as judged pursuant to these Official Rules. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of the vehicle are the sole responsibility of the winner. If there is a dispute over the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Lakes Area Auto with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. To enter, complete and submit an entry form as instructed at www.lakesareaauto.com. By entering the contest, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
- Judging. After the deadline for submission of entries, employees of Lakes Are Auto, in their sole discretion, determine to be the story/application submitted. Lakes Area Auto will notify the entrant who submitted the winning application by e-mail no later than July 17, 2015. To be eligible to win, the winning entrant must respond within five (5) business days of the first attempted notification following the instructions contained in the notification. The vehicle will be awarded and title will be transferred once Lakes Area Auto verifies the entrant’s eligibility and receives completed affidavits, releases and publicity releases (as explained below).
- Ownership of Entries. All entries submitted to Lakes Area Auto in connection with the contest, along with all associated copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights, become the property of Lakes Area Auto on submission, and no entries will be returned to any entrant. Entrants agree to take, at Lakes Area Auto’s expense, any further action reasonably requested by Lakes Area Auto to effect, perfect or confirm such ownership rights of Lakes Area Auto.
- General Release. By entering, you release Lakes Area Auto from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the vehicle.
- Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the contest constitutes permission to use winners’ name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Lakes Area Auto a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Lakes Area Auto a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Michigan. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Lakes Area Auto, which are final and binding in all respects. Lakes Area Auto reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the contest or any entrant’s participation in the contest for any reason, including, but not limited to, should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Lakes Area Auto control affect the administration, security or proper play of the contest or Lakes Area Auto otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Lakes Area Auto, the contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in the sole discretion of Lakes Area Auto) are subject to disqualification from entry into the contest. Lakes Area Auto reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the contest, please e-mail them to email@example.com or mail them to Lakes Area Auto at the address specified below.
- Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Kenny’s Lakes Area Auto Experts, 490 N. Pontiac Trail, Walled Lake, MI 48390.